Jason Della Rocca is the co-founder of Execution Labs, a hands-on early stage investor for independent game developers. Prior, he served as the executive director of the International Game Developers Association (IGDA) for nearly nine years.
In 2009, Jason was named to Game Developer Magazine’s “Power50,” a list which profiles 50 of the most important contributors to the state of the game industry. As a sought after expert on the game industry, Jason has lectured at conferences and universities worldwide.
In this episode, Jason tells us about the birth of Execution Labs, elaborates on the specific phases of Venture Capital, and provides highly targeted advice for studios looking to pitch potential partners for capital or publishing.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Connect with Jason
Selected Links from this Episode
Featured Show Highlights
- Jason talks about his about 22 years in the industry and working with Core Design and Tomb Raider. [0:30]
- The mission of Execution Labs and why it matters to studios. [4:40]
- The Evolution of Execution Labs and what they look for today in opportunities. [19:00]
- Let's dig deeper into the various phases for Venture Capital and how the system works. [36:40]
- Funding Assistance and the importance of being prepared. [41:00]
- The mindset needed for long term success. [51:20]