Alfonzo Burton is one of the top designers in UI/UX. His work has been utilized by many of the top grossing games in the marketplace to date, many achieving the 100-Million-dollar mark.
Alfonzo has founded two design companies that have both been a driving force in UI/UX for the past 15 years. He worked as a Director of UI/UX for both Glu, and Pocket Gems and then moved on as CEO/Creative Director to begin Uxmagicians Inc, a San Francisco-based full-service user experience design agency that focuses on gaming experiences and digital products.
In our interview, we talk about UX processes, the secrets to a hit game, and other learnings from his vast experience in the mobile game industry and the web.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Connect with Alfonzo
Selected Links from this Episode
Clash of Clans
Game of War
The Deer Hunter
The Hamburger Menu
Tap Sport Baseball
Frontline Commando 2
Blood and Glory
Featured Show Highlights
- Identify and discuss the biggest misconception in the game industry about UX
- Let's dig deeper into the architectural process when coming up with UX that people tend to be unaware of.
- My three core pillars to creating the ideal game
- Tried and True secrets for a successful UI/UX experience
- The risk involved when changing the aesthetics of existing games that users love to play
- The process for on-boarding new players
- My new website UX Magicians a Full-service UI/UX agency