Lev Chapelsky is a founding partner and the General Manager for Blindlight, a Hollywood-based production company that has been operating at the nexus of the video game and Hollywood for 12 years.
Leading game producers from each of the global top 20 game companies have turned to Blindlight when they want creative contributions from Hollywood, or when they need help navigating the murky waters between these two industries.
Blindlight’s filmography on IMDb lists more game credits for voice production than any other company Blindlight’s voicework has earned industry awards including Best Dialog of the Year, Best Performance by a Human Male, and Performance of the Year.
- Listen to it on iTunes.
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download as an MP3 by right-clicking here and choosing “save as.”
Connect with Lev
Selected Links for the Episode
Featured Show Highlights
- The true purpose of a trained VO director ensures the Hollywood actors can understand and provide results the game producer desires. [11:50]
- The process where game producers get best results when working with Hollywood and voice actors. [18:20]
- The deeper discussion about Blindlight Writers Room. [23:40]
- Pushing the boundaries of what games can do with interactive storytelling. [31:00]
- Offering game producers everything they could possibly want from Hollywood and nothing else by evolving the processes and methodologies for the game gods. [34:45]